Lipscomb University has honored six individuals as 2010 Distinguished Alumni, Mark Meador, senior director for alumni and parent relations, recently announced.
Each year, Lipscomb University honors outstanding alumni from each of the university’s colleges as Distinguished Alumni. This year’s honorees are:
College of Arts and Sciences:
• Dr. Jean Anderson, a 1975 Lipscomb graduate, founder, HIV Women’s Health Program at Johns Hopkins University
• Randy Goodman, a 1977 Lipscomb graduate, president and founder, Lyric Street Records, Nashville
College of Bible and Ministry:
• Dr. Jerry L. Sumney, a 1978 Lipscomb graduate, professor of biblical studies, Lexington Theological Seminary, Lexington, Ky.
College of Business:
• Keith Dyer, a 1985 Lipscomb graduate, director of worldwide channels, Cisco Systems, Hendersonville, Tenn.
College of Education:
• Scott Owens, a 1986 Lipscomb graduate, principal, W.G. Rhea Elementary School, Paris, Tenn.
Raymond B. Jones College of Engineering:
• Bryan Thornton, a 1998 Lipscomb graduate, founder, Net Reaction, Nashville
“This year’s Distinguished Alumni represent the high caliber of Lipscomb alumni around the world. These honorees reflect the mission of the university in their personal and professional achievement. We are proud of them,” said Meador.